Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!!


What a great occasion to make a crazy cake! I made this Peeps Sunflower Cake for Easter lunch tomorrow. We are going to Tim's sisters house for their annual easter lunch and egg hunt after church.


It is a yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting, peeps and chocolate chips in the middle. It was so fun and easy to make! I saw it on the Taste of Home website and I was so intrigued by the picture that I didn't even realize they were peeps until I actually read the title!
I had a WONDERFUL trip to Idaho! It was truly theraputic to be with my parents and Chad and Kass and the kiddos! I enjoy the laughs we share and the chats we have about the bible. I am always so encouraged by my trips home!

Auntie LOVES her Paxton hugs!


Sweet Tessa playing with her balloon from Grammie's birthday balloon boquet. It is great to see a little one make a new discovery and have so much fun with it! Who knew balloons could be so entertaining!?! Tessa is growing up so fast and is such a doll!


Sooo, sorta forgot to buy a '7' candle. I found the right assortment of candle numbers in mom's kitchen drawers to make a math problem that would equal 57! At least I didn't make it 543! HA!



My gifts were home-made this year. A framed 'Charlie's Angels' picture of mom and me, and a hummingbird pointallism pic.


Mom and I finally worked on a project during my time home! She helped me with a quilt I am working on and because of her, I am almost finished! We shared some much needed laughs while string-tying the quilt with needles that required pliers to pull them through! (oops, bought the wrong size!) We finished with no injuries! Phew!


I enjoyed doing chores with Pa. Seeing Paxton on the wheel barrow brought back many memories of my childhood! What a great Pa and Papa! Chad, That diaper bag goes so nicely with your gun!
My Pa and his Corriente's. Chore time is tough work in the wintertime-especially when the frozen ground starts to thaw! How's building that new hay cart coming Pa?


I am so thankful Uncle Dave was able to stay a few extra days so I could see him! It was great to visit and catch up with him. Thanks for the Canadian honey and the Titanic ticket Uncle Dave!



3 comments:

Angela said...

That cake is so cool! Bet it was yummy, too. It's always good to see you when you come; sorry you got sick there at the end!

Micah said...

You look great, Angi - you are so cute! LOVE the cake! Looks like a fun Easter!!

Tam said...

What a fun trip Ang! And super cute cake, I think I'll have to copy it sometime! Miss you!