Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Already December!!!

Happy December everyone! Well, here's what's new with us.


As you can see, Sophie, our spoiled puppy, has her very own stocking now. I just finished it tonight. I bought the stocking from the dollar store and today I went to Michaels to get some things to personalize it. I had so much fun putting it together! The puppy is a foam kit that I glued together (it kind of looks like her!) and I cut the letters for her name out of a sheet of sparkly felt (.79 cents...what a deal!). I bought a roll of Christmas ribbon to make the bow, glued it all together and VOILA! It was done!

I knitted these fuzzy hats with my Knifty Knitter over Thanksgiving. I know it is cheating but what a great invention!

Here is Sophie on a walk we took a few Saturdays ago. She was watching some birds on the other side of the canal. She is starting to really love to flush birds. I let her out the back door this morning and she ran straight over to the rose bushes and flushed about 10 quail! She's going to be a good hunting doggie when she is old enough!

Here are Nolen and Jacob, Tim's brother's kids. Tim and I spent Thanksgiving with them, their parents Ben and Teresa, and Tim's parents, Fred and Kathy in a tiny duck hinting town called Merril, OR. It is just about 20 minutes south east of Klamath Falls, OR. We had a blast with them! The three guys went duck hunting every day and the rest of us all hung around in the Goose Motel and at the camper doing crafts and watching movies. We even went to town and got a little Black Friday shopping in. It was a nice relaxing weekend. We brought the normal Thanksgiving dishes to fix on Thanksgiving Day to so we had a real feast!



There was a football field down the street in Merril that we took Sophie to and she got to chase the ball a little. She did really well on the trip. She loves to ride in the truck and she always sleeps through the night in her kennel. It was great to have her there.


Tim, Nolen, and Jacob enjoying a nice afternoon of football and fetch with Sophie.






1 comment:

Micah said...

So cute!!! I never knew you were a crafter! Did you know that you can just copy and paste this post into Pleonast, and Blogger will host your photos for you? In Blogger, just go to "Edit Post", then when you post comes up click on "Edit html", copy all, then paste into your new Pleonast entry. Viola!